Renew. Energy Environ. Sustain.
Volume 5, 2020
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||11 August 2020|
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation UNSCEAR Report to the General Assembly with Scientific Annexes United Nations New York 2000; 2000 [Google Scholar]
- Impact assessment of naturally occurring radioactive materials on the public from gold mining and processing at Newmont Golden Ridge Limited, Akyem, Ghana Radiat. Protect. Environ. 39, 155–164 (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M.A. Uosif, S.A. Issa, El-L.M. Abd Salam, Measurement of natural radioactivity in granites and its quartz-bearing gold at El-Fawakhir Area (Central Eastern Desert), Egypt, J. Radiat. Res. Appl. Sci. 8, 393–398 (2015) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- C. Kamunda, M. Mathuthu, M. Madhuku, An assessment of radiological hazards from gold mine tailings in the province of Gauteng in South Africa, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 13, 138 (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.S. Hammond, V. Gond, B. de Thoisy, P.-M. Forget, B.P.E. DeDijn. Causes and consequences of a tropical forest gold rush in the Guiana Shield, South America, Ambio 36, 661–670 (2007) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- A.I. Abd El-Mageed, A. El-Kamel, S. Harb, A.M.M. Youssef, I.I. Saleh, Assessment of natural and anthropodenic radioactivity levels in rocks and soils in the enviorns of Jordan Town in Yemen, in Tenth Radiation Physics & protection Conference, 27–30 November 2010, Nasr City − Cairo, Egypt [Google Scholar]
- A.K. Ademola, A.K. Bello, A.C. Adejumobi, Determination of natural radioactivity and hazard in soil samples in and around gold mining area in Itagunmodi, South-Western, Nigeria, J. Radiat. Res. Appl. Sci. 7, 249–255 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Ali, A.A. Qureshi, A. Waheed, M.A. Baloch, H. Qayyum, M. Tufail, H.A. Khan, Assessment of radiological hazard of norm in Margella Hills Limestone, Pakistan, Environ. Monit. Assess. 184, 4623–4634 (2012) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- R.M. Amin, Gamma radiation measurements of naturally occuring radioactive samples from commercial Egyptian granites, Environ. Earth Sci. 67, 771–775 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- R.M. Amin, Radioactivity levels in some sediments and water samples from qarun lake by low-level gamma spectroscopy, Int. J. Sci. Res. 4, 619–625 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- A.V. De Groot, E.R. van der Graaf, R.J. de Meijer, M. Maucec, Sensitivity of in-situ γ-ray spectra to soil density and water content, Nucl. Instr. Methods Phys. Res. A 600, 519–523 (2009) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Blanchard, N.E. Louis, N.N. Emmanuel II, T.S. Saïdou, Y. Flore, B. Daniel, N.M. Godfroy, NORM measurements and radiological hazard assessment in the gold mining Areasa of Eastern Cameroon, Radiat. Environ. Med. 6, 22–28 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- S. Garimella, U. Prasad, Distribution of 40K, 232Th and 238U in soils of southern and western Coasts of Viti Levu, Fiji, S. Pac. J. Nat. Sci. 20, 9–14 (2002) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- E.R. Silver Turyahabwa, E. Jurua, R. Oriada, A. Mugaiga, D.D. Ben Enjiku, Determination of natural radioactivity levels due to mine tailings from selected mines in Southwestern Uganda, J. Environ. Earth Sci. 6 (2016) [Google Scholar]
- M.R. Usikalu, O.C. Anoka, F.A. Balogun, Radioactivity measurements of the Jos Tin mine tailing in Northern Nigeria, scholars research library, Arch. Phys. Res. 2, 80–86 (2011) [Google Scholar]
- Sinclair Knight Merz Pty Ltd. Environmental Audit of Emperor Gold Mines 1994; https://www.sprep.org/att/irc/ecopies/countries/fiji/135.pdf [Google Scholar]
- Mineral Resources Department (MRD) Government of Fiji 1990; http://www.mrd.gov.fj/images/Geological_Survey/Fiji_Geology__Minerals.pdf [Google Scholar]
- P.J. Boon, P.J. Raven, River Conservation and Management (Willey-Blackwell, 2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Soil Sampling for Environmental Contamination IAEA − TECDOC 2004; 1415 [Google Scholar]
- A.Q. Malik, A. Kumar, Monitoring of Environmental Radioactivity in Foodstuff in Fiji. International Journal of Science and Research, 8, 1781–1785, 2019. [Google Scholar]
- M. Tufail, N. Akhtar, J. Sabia, T. Hamid, Natural Radioactivity Hazards of Building Bricks Fabricated form saline Soil of two Districits of Pakistan. Journal of Radiological Protection, 27, 481–492, 2007. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.