Renew. Energy Environ. Sustain.
Volume 4, 2019
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||17 January 2019|
- UN, World Urbanization Prospects: The 2018 Revision, 2018 [Google Scholar]
- A. Grubler, X. Bai, T. Buettner, S. Dhakal, D.J. Fisk, T. Ichinose et al., Urban energy systems, in Global Energy Assessment − Toward a Sustainable Future , edited by T.B. Johansson et al. (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2012) [Google Scholar]
- K. Friedman, A. Cooke, City versus national energy use: implications for urban energy policy and strategies, Procedia Eng. 21 , 464 (2011) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- UNEP, Global Initiative for Resource Efficient Cities: Engine to Sustainability, 4, 2012. Available at https://europa.eu/capacity4dev/unep/document/global-initiative-resource-efficient-cities-brief [Google Scholar]
- D. Serghides, Open Constr. Build. Technol. J. 4 , 29 (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- V.A. Metallinou, Ecological propriety and architecture, in WIT Transactions on the Built Environment (2006), pp. 15–22. doi:10.2495/ARC060021 [Google Scholar]
- D. Serghides, S. Dimitriou, I. Kyprianou, C. Papanicolas, The adaptive comfort factor in evaluating the energy performance of office buildings in the Mediterranean coastal cities, Energy Procedia 134 , 683 (2017) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Santamouris, Innovating to zero the building sector in Europe: minimising the energy consumption, eradication of the energy poverty and mitigating the local climate change, Sol. Energy 128 , 61 (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A. Chatzidimitriou, S. Yannas, Microclimate design for open spaces: ranking urban design effects on pedestrian thermal comfort in summer, Sustain. Cities Soc. 26 , 27 (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- I. Karakounos, A. Dimoudi, S. Zoras, The influence of bioclimatic urban redevelopment on outdoor thermal comfort, Energy Build. 158 , 1266 (2018) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- C. Chatzinikola, D.K. Serghides, M. Santamouris, Effect of the orientation on the winter indoor temperatures and on the energy consumption of low-income dwellings in the Mediterranean region, in International Conference with Exhibition S. ARCH–Environment and Architecture, Montenegro, 2015, pp. 1–9 [Google Scholar]
- D.K. Serghides, S. Dimitriou, M.C. Katafygiotou, M. Michaelidou, Energy efficient refurbishment towards nearly zero energy houses, for the Mediterranean region, Energy Procedia 83 , 533 (2015) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.K. Serghides, M. Michaelidou, M. Christofi, S. Dimitriou, M. Katafygiotou, Energy refurbishment towards nearly zero energy multi-family houses for Cyprus, Procedia Environ. Sci. 38 , 11 (2017) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Urban Europe, Smart Urban Isle. Available at https://jpi-urbaneurope.eu/project/smart-urban-isle/ (accessed 23 May 2018) [Google Scholar]
- MECIT, 4th National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency of Cyprus (in Greek), Nicosia, 2017. Available at http://www.mcit.gov.cy/mcit/EnergySe.nsf/All/EF97759A9580E25EC22581C500345706/$file/4oEΣΔEA_19_09_17.pdf [Google Scholar]
- ENVI-met website. PMV and PPD. Available at http://www.envi-met.com / documents /onlinehelpv3/hs550.htm (accessed 2 March 2017) [Google Scholar]
- H. Akbari, M. Pomerantz, H. Taha, Cool surfaces and shade trees to reduce energy use and improve air quality in urban areas, Sol. Energy 70, 295 (2001) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.