Six main building certifications gathered at the Market study for a voluntary common EU certification scheme for the energy performance of non-residential buildings .
|Certification system||Developer||Key figures|
|LEED||US Green Building Council (1993)||– US + 30 countries
– Over 7 000 projects, over 140 km2
– Sustainability rating
|DGNB system||German Sustainable Building Council||– 25 countries
– 13 different building types
– Around 50 criteria assessed
|PassivHaus||Germany (1988)||– Over 30000 buildings
– Over 15 countries
|BREEAM||BRE (UK, 1988)||– Over 50 countries
– 8 National Scheme Operators
– Over 250 000 buildings
|HQE||Association pour la Haute Qualité Environnementale (France, 2005)||– Primarily used in France
– 14 targets for environmental quality
– 4 different building types
|Minergie||Switzerland||– Core markets: France, Italy, Germany and the USA (8 countries)
– 13 building types, primarily used in the residential sector
– Energy and indoor comfort-focused
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.